School Traffic Update
Based on communication from our parent traffic chairs, room parents, and emails that were sent directly to the Administration; we feel it is time to revisit our MORNING drop-off procedures. We would like to take this opportunity to prepare for our upcoming Festival week drop-off, and at the same time use this alternate option. Many of you will recognize it as our pre-COVID drop-off procedure with a few slight modifications. We will be using this procedure for the upcoming two weeks, plus the Festival set-up week, and then we will follow up with a survey to all of our SPA families where you will be able to select which drop-off option you prefer.
The following procedures will be used beginning Tuesday, September 7th:
- Vehicles will not be driving on to campus for morning drop-off.
- There will be two curbside drop-off locations; one on Selby Avenue in front of the school, and one on Ohio Avenue, just east of our church entrance on the south side of the street.
- These two curbside drop-off locations will be overseen by parent volunteers who will open car doors and assist students with exiting the vehicles. Students will then walk directly into the front entrance on Selby Avenue, or through the gate on the east side of the church.
- Students MUST exit on the passenger side of the car.
- Parents of students from all grades may choose to park in the neighborhood and walk students into the front entrance on Selby Avenue, or through the gate on the east side of the church.
- Security officers will be positioned at the front entrance on Selby as well as at the crosswalk on Holman and Selby Avenues. There will also be a staff member on the church plaza.
- There is no crossing guard at the Ohio/Wilkins/Selby intersection. Therefore, there is NO DROP-OFF on the NORTH SIDE of OHIO.
- Drop-off procedures will begin at 7:15 a.m. Upon arrival to campus, students will proceed to the playground where they will be supervised by school staff.
- All students are expected to be on the playground by 7:50 a.m. (This start time has been selected to avoid traffic conflicts with Emerson School, whose start time is 8:00 a.m.)
- At 7:55 a.m., the bell will ring for students to proceed to their homeroom classrooms.
NOTE: Afternoon pick-up procedures will remain the same as they are currently. Staggered dismissal times will remain in place.
Festival is right around the corner. The Festival Shift Sign-Up’s will be out soon. Super Exciting!! 2nd Grade also has Hot Lunch Duty during the month of October and November. Thank you for all those who have signed up already. Here is what you need to get ready to volunteer…
- All volunteers must be vaccinated against COVID. If you are unvaccinated you must present a negative Covid test within 72 hours (or less) to each volunteering opportunitythey plan to fulfill at the school (e.g., traffic duty, playground, hot lunch, etc.)
- You must be masked at all times while on campus. (no gators, please)
- Please email Nurse Anderson your vaccine card or a negative Covid test at email@example.com
Just a reminder that we need 100% volunteer participation for all volunteer opportunities.