Upcoming Graduation & Party Calendar Of Events
- Monday, May 16th: Students will receive cap & gowns at school
- Friday, May 20th: No School
- Friday, May 20th – 22nd: Beach Campout Weekend (Non-School Affiliated Event)
- Friday, May 20th @ 5:30 pm: 8th Grade Party at Beach Campout at Segars Cabin (Click HERE to view Evite) (Non-School Affiliated Event)
- Thursday, May 26th (School Hours): 8th Grade Retreat (students only)
- Thursday, May 26th @ 6:30 pm (JCPC): 8th Grade Dinner & Slide Show (8th graders and parents – no siblings)
- Monday, May 30th: No School (Memorial Day Holiday)
- Thursday, June 2nd @ 8:00 am: 8th Grade Disneyland Trip
- Friday, June 3rd: Graduation Rehearsal
- Friday, June 3rd (following Graduation Rehearsal): Pool Party & Yearbook signing at Segars Residence (students only) (Non-School Affiliated Event)
- Sunday, June 5th @ 9:30 am: Pentecost Mass & 8th Grade Blessing
- Monday, June 6th: Graduation Day! Courtyard Reception (8:00 am), Graduation Ceremony & Mass (9:30 am), and Graduation Dance (6:30 pm)
- Monday, June 6th @ 6:45-8:15 pm: Parent Party at Vaghaiwalla Residence (Non-School Affiliated Event)
- Thursday, June 9th @ 12:00 pm: Beach Party at Bel-Air Beach Club (students only) (Non-School Affiliated Event)
- Friday, June 10th @ 7:00 pm: Dance party at Griffin Club (students only) (Non-School Affiliated Event)
Graduation for the SPA Class of 2022 is rapidly approaching and many activities will be taking place. To help you with planning and preparations, we have put together this outline of pertinent information and calendar of events.
CAPS & GOWNS
The caps and gowns will be will be distributed to the students on Monday, May 16th. The gowns will look much better if they are pressed to get the wrinkles out. Most cleaners will do this for a minimal charge. THE CAPS AND GOWNS ARE RENTALS! They must be returned to us immediately following the graduation ceremony. The students may keep the tassels.
8TH GRADE RETREAT, DINNER & SLIDE SHOW
The retreat will be held off site on Thursday, May 26, during regular school hours. The students will return to campus before dismissal. The Retreat Dinner and Slide Show will be held in the JCPC beginning at 6:30 p.m. Parents and students are invited, no siblings.
GRADUATION DISNEYLAND TRIP
The 8th grade class will be going to Disneyland on Thursday, June 2nd. The students will depart SPA at 8:00 a.m., and will leave Disneyland at 7:00 p.m. to return to SPA. Students will be given the directives regarding dress code and expected code of conduct for this trip. Students who do not return a signed Field Trip permission form will not be allowed to participate in this activity. Our faculty and staff will provide chaperone services. Students who have repeated significant behavior issues will NOT be allowed to participate in the field trip. This activity is a “privilege,” it is not a guaranteed “rite of passage.”
A graduation rehearsal will be held on Friday, June 3rd. This is the final day of school for our 8th grade students. All school materials/property will be collected, and desks/cubbies will be cleared. When the pertinent classroom activities have been completed, the students will participate in a rehearsal for their Graduation Ceremony.
SPECIAL INVITATION & BLESSING
June 5th is Pentecost Sunday! Our 8th grade students and their families are cordially invited to attend this special liturgy at 9:30 a.m. with our SPA parish community. A special prayer and blessing will be said in recognition of the St. Paul the Apostle School Class of 2022.
Graduates and their families are cordially invited to join us in the garden courtyard on Monday, June 6, beginning at 8:00 a.m. for light breakfast snacks and prayer. Families will be able to take photos during that time, but please keep in mind that classes will be in session for our primary grade students. At 9:00 a.m., the students will meet their teachers in their respective homerooms to prepare for the Graduation Ceremony.
GRADUATION LITURGY & CEREMONY
Graduation will be held Monday, June 6, at 9:30 a.m. with a Mass honoring the SPA Class of 2022. Diplomas and awards will be distributed as part of this special celebration. Students will need to report back to the classrooms after the Graduation Mass and Ceremony to return the caps and gowns.
The dance is Monday, June 6, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Please plan on joining your son and/or daughter for the customary first dance at 6:30 p.m. The dance is scheduled to end at 8:30 p.m.
GRADUATION DRESS CODE
The dress code guidelines for the Graduation Ceremony are as follows:
Ladies: Dresses or skirts and blouses are required. The following attire may not be worn: mini skirts, halter tops, spaghetti straps, strapless, low necklines, backless dresses or bare midriffs. Attire that is extremely tight is forbidden. Dress shoes (flats or moderate heels) MUST be worn. Light makeup may be worn. Extreme hairstyles are not permitted.
Gentlemen: Dress pants are required (no jeans or shorts.) Dress shirt (any color) and tie must be worn. Dress shoes and socks MUST be worn. Sports coats or sweaters are optional. Boys’ hair must be neatly combed and worn above the collar, and above the ears and eyebrows. Extreme hairstyles are not permitted. Any student who is inappropriately attired will be denied the privilege of participating in the graduation activities.