Our Media Center is the heart of our school and home to students, faculty, and parents alike. It is staffed full-time and houses our library, digital resources for student learning, a Makerspace for invention and collaboration, technology for presentations and screenings, and activities to develop digital citizenship.
Our Media Center inspires us by:
- Promoting literacy by giving students access to a wide range of curated book options
- Hosting author visits each year in conjunction with Children’s Book World
- Inviting middle-school students to volunteer after school as peer tutors for younger students
- Stimulating imagination and the creative process with Makerspace projects
- Inviting faculty and volunteers to do “read alouds” followed by related center activities
- Encouraging writing through the improvisation of student works by Story Pirates
- Promoting digital well-being through our partnership with Common Sense Media.
- Giving our parents and faculty access to the most current information on media and technology