From 1st Grade Teachers
WHAT TO KNOW
- Review and sign the Health and Safety Agreement and return it to Principal Pinkofsky before February 1. This can be done via email attachment, dropping it off in the front office, or mailing it.
- Download the SchoolPass App. The welcome letter from SchoolPass was sent to all families via email before the holidays. This will allow you to complete the Health Assessment each morning before bringing your child to campus. A “green check mark” means your child may come to school. A “red X” means that your child must remain at home that day.
- Drop-off in the morning will be from 7:30 – 7:45 a.m. Children’s temperatures will be taken with a touchless thermometer before they exit your vehicle. The students will enter the gym where they will be supervised and walked to their classrooms by a teaches or teacher assistant. Pick-up will be from 2:30 – 2:45 p.m. All students must be picked up by 2:45 p.m.
- All drop-offs and pick-ups are via car only. Walk-ins prohibited at this time.
- Students must wear the St. Paul the Apostle School uniform. All of our students must wear a face mask while on campus. The masks may be removed only when students are eating snack and lunch.
- There will no longer be one or small group WIN zooms starting next week as the teachers will be in the classroom.
WHAT TO BRING EVERYDAY
- Lunch, Snack & Water
- Fully Charged iPad
- Math Textbook
- My Book 2 Textbook
- Christ Our Life Textbook
- My Journal Textbook
- Words I Use Textbook
- Math Toolkit (Note: The “correcting pen” is the small sparkly pen to make it fun. If you lost it, no big deal, they can use a colored pencil.)
- Plastic Math Packet
- 2x Extra Face Masks
- 1x activity kit: details below!
- 1x headphones or earbuds: These need to be wired. No Wifi or Bluetooth capabilities.
- 2x two-pocket folders: label one folder “homework” and one folder “Spanish”
- 1x wide-ruled composition notebook
- 5x pencils: sharpen in advance
- 1x pencil sharpener: small, self contained shaving holder, no battery operated devices
- 2x erasers: plain
- 1x box of crayons: 24 count only, no scented, fluorescent, sparkly or twistable crayons
- 1x small scissors
- 1x large zippered pencil bag: place pencils, sharpener, erasers, crayons and scissors inside.
- 2x glue sticks
- 2x dry erase markers
- 1x whiteboard eraser
- 1x roll of paper towels
- 1x large box of tissues
- 1x pack of personal/travel-sized tissue
- 1x sunblock stick
Please label all items with child’s first and last name. Mabel’s Labels offers personalized labels.
New Activity Kit
Due to Covid restrictions, the students are not able to play with the games and activities in the classroom as they normally would. Our teachers have suggested each student brings a gallon ziploc bag filled with a quiet activity for WIN time or when work is completed. The baggie should be labeled with your child’s first and last name and be kept at school. Ideas include Legos, stickers, small stuffies, books, toy cars, etc. This is optional as the students may also use class related apps on their iPad during this time.
- Wellness Check in School Pass needs to be completed daily before entering carline.
- Cell Phone use is prohibited.
- Keep it slow: 5 MPH on campus.
- Follow posted traffic flow directions.
- There will be four car unloading/loading stations.
- Four cars will enter a given station.
- When you pull into the unloading/loading point, turn your car off, exit your vehicle, and help your student in/out of the car.
- Please limit talking with teachers so the car line flows continuously.
- ALL four cars will proceed out TOGETHER after loading or unloading.
- Please be patient. The process will get more efficient over time.
If children need updated uniforms for their return to school, please find the uniform template here for easy reference and the Lands’ End site below.
Students will be required to wear a cloth face mask on campus and have two additional clean masks in a plastic bag inside their backpack. Time to stock up!