We are pleased to announce that for the third consecutive year, Outreach Concern Inc. has contracted with SPA to provide counseling and support services to help our students meet their potential. Ms. Mandi Duncan and Ms. Eri Ashlock will be available to work with our school community beginning today, and will remain with us through June 2021. Counseling can provide a student support and direction with their academics, develop an understanding of the behavior they demonstrate and how it may impact themselves or others, help a student control their emotions, or improve social skills. Sometimes a child’s behavior can impact their ability to succeed both in and outside the classroom. This is where counseling can help both the student and their parents focus on meeting whatever needs are identified to support their success. Students may need to see one of the Outreach Concern counselors:
- If the student feels sad, confused, shy, angry or anxious.
- When changes in the student’s environment affect their well-being.
- When a student’s family circumstances change.
- When influences distract or cause a student to feel anxiety, fear or concern.
- When a student experiences a loss of a family member, friend or pet.
- When home stressors affect school performance, behavior or social life.
- When a student is consistently absent from school.
- When a student struggles academically.
Partnering with parents and teachers, the school counselor’s goal, much like yours, is to support your child in identifying whatever problem or concern is keeping them from achieving success, enhancing their self-esteem, confidence and motivation. If you would like to request the services and support of our counselors, please note the following guidelines:
- Parents can go online to outreachconcern.org
- Complete the online Consent Form below. Forms at the moment will be in English and Spanish.
- You will be asked for your first name, last name and email address, then hit submit.
- You will then receive an email with a document from “doc u sign.”
- At that point you should complete the necessary information on the Consent Form and be able to submit the form.
- An email will go to the Outreach Concern office and they will update the google doc with the student’s information under the tab “Consent Forms 20-21”
Please use the following “referral links” if you would like your child to have access to the SPA School Counselors this year.