We hope that the continued transition to daily in person learning is going smoothly for all of you. We have a couple quick reminders for you.
First, October is Traffic Duty for 7th Grade. Please remember that traffic duty is mandatory. Each family needs to sign up for a weekly shift. Families with twins need to sign up for 2 shifts. Please utilize this sign up genius LINK to sign up for your shift.
Second, ALL volunteers, including those for traffic duty AND festival, need to submit either: (a) proof of vaccination, or (b) proof of a negative Covid test result within 72 hours prior to each volunteering opportunity. Please email your required documents to Nurse A at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Third, festival is right around the corner! Please see the festival page for all of the latest and greatest. Festival booth sign ups will be circulated next week. Please send Nurse A your vaccination card (or an email stating your intention to provide test results) PRIOR to signing up for festival shifts. If she does not have that information, your festival shifts may be deleted and you will have to sign up again.
Fourth, per Ms. BJ’s September 2nd email, next week morning traffic procedures will essentially revert to those used pre-Covid, with some slight modifications. After Festival, the administration will survey parents to gather their opinions regarding morning traffic procedures.
The following system will be used beginning Tuesday, September 7th:
- Vehicles will NOT drive onto campus for morning drop-off.
- There will be two curbside drop-off locations: (1) Selby Avenue in front of the school, and (2) South side of Ohio Avenue, just east of the church entrance. These two curbside drop-off locations will be overseen by parent volunteers who will open car doors and assist students with exiting the vehicles. Students will then walk through the front entrance on Selby Avenue, or through the gate on the east side of the church.
- Students MUST exit on the passenger side of the car.
- Parents of students from all grades may choose to park in the neighborhood and walk students into the front entrance on Selby Avenue, or through the gate on the east side of the church.
- Security officers will be positioned at the front entrance on Selby as well as at the crosswalk on Holman and Selby Avenues. There will also be a staff member on the church plaza.
- There is no crossing guard at the Ohio/Wilkins/Selby intersection. Therefore, there is NO DROP-OFF on the NORTH SIDE of OHIO.
- Drop-off procedures will begin at 7:15 a.m. Upon arrival to campus, students will proceed to the playground where they will be supervised by school staff.
- All students are expected to be on the playground by 7:50 a.m. (This start time has been selected to avoid traffic conflicts with Emerson School, whose start time is 8:00 a.m.)
- At 7:55 a.m., the bell will ring for students to proceed to their homeroom classrooms.
- NOTE: Afternoon pick-up procedures will remain the same as they are currently. Staggered dismissal times will remain in place.