A Message from Your Homeroom Teachers
Dear 6th Grade Students and Families,
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year! We’ve scaled mountains to reach the summit, thrown axes at targets, used axes to save our lives, and moved from place to place—all in an effort to reach goals we never thought possible. We hope your summer was just as refreshing and adventurous!
We, Mrs. Calvillo and Mrs. Doreza Dimaya, will be your homeroom teachers as well as your Religion and English Language Arts teachers.
To share a little bit about ourselves: This will be Mrs. Calvillo’s third year at SPA and 38th year of teaching. This will be Mrs. Doreza Dimaya’s fourth year at SPA and 10th year of teaching.
For the first week of school, please remember to bring all of your necessary school supplies and Covid-19 test permission forms on the first day of school.
Please email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions, comments, or concerns.
We are looking forward to working and learning together with all of you, in person!
Mrs. Calvillo (6A) & Mrs. Doreza Dimaya (6B)
A Message From Your Room Moms
Dear 6th Grade Families,
Welcome to the new school year! We hope everyone had an enjoyable summer break. We would like to take the opportunity to introduce ourselves to the new families joining us this year and a big welcome back to the returning Saints! We are your new room moms — Sarah Nassiri (Jack’s mom) and Sally Mirhadi (Joey’s mom) — and we are very excited to embark on this new year with you, as our children advance to middle school. This is the beginning of a new social and educational journey and we plan to assist in any way that we can. We look forward to working with you to make this 6th grade year a success! Check on our grade page for the latest information and feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions:
Drop Off & Pick Up
The following procedures will be used beginning Tuesday, September 7th:
- Vehicles will not be driving on to campus for morning drop-off.
- There will be two curbside drop-off locations:
- Selby Avenue in front of the school
- Ohio Avenue, just east of our church entrance on the south side of the street
- These two curbside drop-off locations will be overseen by parent volunteers who will open car doors and assist students with exiting the vehicles. Students will then walk directly into the front entrance on Selby Avenue or through the gate on the east side of the church.
- Students MUST exit on the passenger side of the car.
- Parents of students from all grades may choose to park in the neighborhood and walk students into the front entrance on Selby Avenue, or through the gate on the east side of the church.
- Security officers will be positioned at the front entrance on Selby as well as at the crosswalk on Holman and Selby Avenues. There will also be a staff member on the church plaza.
- There is no crossing guard at the Ohio/Wilkins/Selby intersection. Therefore, there is NO DROP-OFF on the NORTH SIDE of OHIO.
- Drop-off procedures will begin at 7:15 a.m. Upon arrival to campus, students will proceed to the playground where they will be supervised by school staff.
- All students are expected to be on the playground by 7:50 a.m. (This start time has been selected to avoid traffic conflicts with Emerson School, whose start time is 8:00 a.m.)
- At 7:55 a.m., the bell will ring for students to proceed to their homeroom classrooms.
- Afternoon Pick-Up requires parents to park and walk into school. Pick up begins at 2:45 p.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m. Pick up between 2:45 p.m. and 3:05 p.m. will be from classrooms and after 3:05 p.m. will be from the lunch tables in the school yard. At 3:30 p.m. students who have not been picked up will be signed in to After-School Care and charges applied.
6th Graders, with a written permission slip from their parents, may sign themselves out at 3:05 p.m. If they are picking up siblings, they do so at the lunch tables, and immediately exit the South Selby Gate.
- When you come on campus to pick up your student(s), you will need to go into the School Pass app, select pick-up and then sign them out.
- If your student is going to After-School Care, you don’t need to sign them out. We will add them to the After-School Care roster each day.
As described in Mrs. Pinkofsky’s August 17th email, all students will be tested for Covid-19 each week. Please print and complete the required Covid testing paperwork (Patient Consent and Blanket Consent Forms) and deliver to your child’s homeroom teacher on the first day of school.
Along with your paperwork, please include either a copy of your insurance card (front and back) or a completed CARE’s Act form.
If you have not already done so, please review and sign the Health and Safety Agreement for In-Person Instruction. When complete, email it to Mitchell Lord at email@example.com. This must be turned in before the first day of school. For more information, contact Nurse A at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you missed Back to School Night, here is the link to the Google Slides presentation:
Spring Sing I
Grades 5-8 perform on Thursday, March 17, 2022.
Sixth Grade Prayer Service and Dinner
TBD (Volunteer Opportunities are forthcoming)
6th Grade – November
TBD (Volunteer Opportunities are forthcoming)
6th Grade Field Trip – Pali Camp, April 11 – 13th, 2022
Sports are BACK! The Fall sports season at St. Paul’s offers Girls Volleyball and Flag Football.
The Catholic Youth Organization is composed of local Catholic schools in the greater Los Angeles area. The CYO’s mission is to build teamwork, sportsmanship, and confidence for student athletes through sports. CYO leagues are offered to 4th-8th grades for all sports at St. Paul’s.
Student athletes will sign up at recess on the first and second day of school if they would like to participate in a given sport.