WEEKLY REMINDERS FROM THE TEACHERS:
- Trimester 3 starts tomorrow, Monday, so let’s make it a great one!
- There will not be school on Friday, March 11th.
- Students should all have a well-fitting mask that covers their mouth and nose at all times when inside! It is encouragedthat these masks be either N95/KN95 or surgical masks rather than cloth masks. Also, please have your student keep an extra mask in their backpack at all times.
- Please submit aPatient Consent Form for COVID testing on Monday and Tuesday morning. Make sure they are turned in with a signature and that the email provided is legible. If a student is absent the day of COVID testing, they will not be able to return to campus until they are tested outside of school AND receive a “NEGATIVE” PCR result.
- Please remember to check Schoology daily, especially the Homeroom pages.
5TH GRADE HOT LUNCH DUTY: APRIL & MAY
5th grade is responsible for hot lunch duty for both April and May. Please sign up for your spot!
SPRING SING I : March 17, 11:00AM
Performances by your 8th, 5th, 4th and 3rd graders!
- 11:00AM-11:20AM – PWC General Meeting including the announcement of the new PWC President and Vice President, as well as info on the upcoming 2022 Festival
- 11:20AM – Let the performances begin!
PWC Mothers’ Luncheon: March 27, 2022
Attention All Moms: RSVP today to the Mothers’ Luncheon.
- Outdoor event in the beautiful Sister Stella Courtyard, honoring all the volunteer work done by our Past PWC Presidents and current members of our community.
- Featuring fabulous raffle basketsand even more fabulous guest speaker, Theresa Edy-Kiene, current SPA parishioner and CEO of Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles, and past SPA parent.
- Catering by SPA Alumni Mom Jill McMillan
- Event Date: March 27, 2022 | 12:30 to 3:00PM
PICK UP PROCEDURE DURING SCHOOL HOURS
If you are picking up your student during the school day for appointments or other reasons, please follow this procedure.
- Email your homeroom teacher and Nurse A ahead of time. For upper grades, you may also email your teacher for the class(es) your student is missing if you know the schedule.
- Remind your student to go to Nurse A’s office before the time of pickup.
- About 10 minutes before arriving, call Mitchell at the front office so he can inform Nurse A.
- When you arrive at school, please drive up to the playground gate.
- Let the guard know you are picking up your student from Nurse A and give your student’s name.
- Wait for your student near the playground gate.
REMINDER: NEW POLICY FOR DROPPING OFF LUNCHES
If you forgot to pack a lunch and would like to drop one off for your child during the school day, please review and become familiar with our policy.
Please drop off your forgotten snacks and lunches at a table next to the school front office before 10:00am. Please clearly label all snacks and lunches with your child’s name and homeroom. For grades DK and K, staff will continue to deliver snacks and lunches to the students. For grades 1st through 8th, students will be given the opportunity to look for their missing food at the table. Please tell your child to go look for his or her lunch at the table if it was forgotten that day.
ORDER YOUR YEARBOOKS
It’s time to order your 2021-2022 St. Paul the Apostle School yearbook! Don’t miss out! It is a wonderful way to remember the school year! You can just click HERE to order.
- $55- if paid for in June during yearbook distribution, but there is no guarantee there will be any yearbooks left.
U.C.L.A.S.A.F.E. COLLECTION CENTER
As we begin to rearrange closets, cabinets and desk space to make room for our new Christmas gifts, please know that UCLA could possibly accept some of the items you may be wanting to discard. Please note the lists and information below:
THEY ACCEPT: paint and solvents; used motor oil and filters, anti-freeze, and other automotive fluids; cleaning products; pool and garden chemicals; aerosol cans; all medicine; auto batteries; household (alkaline) batteries; fluorescent tubes and bulbs, thermostats, and other mercury-containing lamps.
THEY ALSO ACCEPT: computers, monitors, printers, network equipment, cables, telephones, televisions, microwaves, video games, cell phones, radios, stereos, VCRs, and electronic toys. *Residents are limited to a total of six pieces of electronic waste per visit to a SAFE Center and items will be accepted on Saturdays only.
THEY DO NOT ACCEPT: business waste, ammunition, explosives, radioactive material, biological waste or tires. Bulky Items: furniture, refrigerators, washing machines/dryers, conventional ovens, paper, or computer software
The Center is located at 550 Charles E. Young Dr. West, Los Angeles, 90095. Their hours of operation are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday* from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Follow the drop-off signs. *** They will accept electronic waste on Saturdays only.
For more Information, please call 1-800-98-TOXIC (1-800-988-6942).
- March 11 – No School (Ski Weekend)
- March 11-13 – Ski Trip (Not School Sanctioned)
- March 17- Spring Sing I (Grades 8, 5, 4, 3)
- March 18 – No School (Religious Education Congress)
- March 27 – PWC’s Mother’s Luncheon
- April 15-22 – Spring Break