Updates from Our Teachers:
-Students should be dressed in Christmas-formal appropriate attire on Monday, December 13th for the Christmas pageant recording. This includes nice pants, collared shirts, formal tops, appropriate length dresses, appropriate length skirts, and nice shoes. This does NOT include jeans, sweatpants, t-shirts, etc. Please keep in mind that students will be in these clothes all day, so they should try to be relatively comfortable. If students would like to bring a change of shoes for after the recording, they may do so. Also, please keep in mind the weather as it is supposed to be chilly, so bundle up!
-The Christmas pageant recording will be available and shared on Thursday, December 16th at 7pm for families to watch.
-Students will have a Christmas-themed free dress day on Friday, December 17th, as long as one item of clothing is either green or red. Get festive and be sure you are still abiding by SPA policy!
-Please provide a well-fitting mask to your student(s) that covers their mouth and nose at all times when inside! Also, have your student keep an extra mask in their backpack at all times in the event that their other mask becomes lost, wet, or dirty.
-Bring your fully-charged Chromebook to school everyday. Recently, students have been arriving with Chromebooks that have no battery and are not prepared for class. This is important!
-A reminder for families to please submit their Patient Consent Form for COVID testing at the beginning of the week so that we have them all for Wednesday. We will collect them on Monday and Tuesday mornings. Make sure they are turned in with a signature and that the email provided is legible, otherwise this will delay receiving results. All families are encouraged to type in the information on the top section and just sign and date the bottom each week. This will ensure that everything is legible and will make the process quicker for you each week.
-If a student is absent the day of COVID testing, they will not be able to return to campus until they are tested outside of school AND receive a “NEGATIVE” result.
-Please remember to check Schoology daily, especially the Homeroom pages. If you are having difficulty accessing Schoology feel free to contact Mr. Lopez (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that he can support you in getting that access.
5th GRADE TRAFFIC DUTY – FOR THE MONTH OF DECEMBER
It’s 5th Grade’s turn for Traffic Duty for the month of December. For changes to sign ups, please click on the Sign Up Link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/805084bacab2eabf85-november4
Traffic Duty Guidelines:
- ALL volunteers, including those for traffic duty, need to submit either: (a) proof of vaccination, or (b) proof of a negative Covid test result within 72 hours prior to each volunteering opportunity. If you have not already done so, please email your required documents to Nurse A at email@example.com soon as possible.
- Mask required and social distancing enforced
- Morning start time is 7:15 AM
- Afternoon traffic at the Selby driveway is from 2:40 – 3:30 PM (12:15 PM – 1:00 PM on Fridays)
- Keep hands free from cell phones and coffee mugs
- If you are unable to make a shift, it is your responsibility to find a replacement.
HOT LUNCH UPDATE
We have been hearing that the daily lunch lists for Freshlunches are not always accurate. Please double check your orders each week and let you your child know if he or she can expect to receive a hot lunch that day.
If your child is mistakenly excluded from the lunch list, instruct your child to speak to the server and ask for one of the extra lunches that are available.
PICK UP PROCEDURE DURING SCHOOL HOURS
If you are picking up your student during the school day for appointments or other reasons, please follow this procedure.
- Email your homeroom teacher and Nurse A ahead of time. For upper grades, you may also email your teacher for the class(es) your student is missing if you know the schedule.
- Remind your student to go to Nurse A’s office before the time of pickup.
- About 10 minutes before arriving, call Mitchell at the front office so he can inform Nurse A.
- When you arrive at school, please drive up to the playground gate.
- Let the guard know you are picking up your student from Nurse A and give your student’s name.
- Wait for your student near the playground gate.
ORDER YOUR YEARBOOKS
It’s time to order your 2021-2022 St. Paul the Apostle School yearbook! Don’t miss out! It is a wonderful way to remember the school year! You can just click HERE to order.
- $35- if ordered between November 16th – December 17th
- $45- if ordered between December 18th – January 18th
- $55- if paid for in June during yearbook distribution, but there is no guarantee there will be any yearbooks left.
- December 20 to January 2 – Winter Vacation
- January 17 – Martin Luther King’s Day
- February 21 – President’s Day
- March 11 – Ski Weekend
- March 18 – Religious Education Congress
- April 15 to 22 Easter Vacation
- May 20 – Campout Weekend
- May 30 – Memorial Day
It should be noted that since “Ski Weekend” and “Campout Weekend” are not school-sponsored events, the administration has no control regarding the dates selected or anything that may occur resulting in a last-minute change of date. This has occurred in previous years, and we do apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause our SPA families.