WEEKLY REMINDER FROM OUR TEACHERS
-Students should all have a well-fitting mask that covers their mouth and nose at all times when inside! It is encouraged that these masks be either N95/KN95 or surgical masks rather than cloth masks. Also, please have your student keep an extra mask in their backpack at all times in the event that their other mask becomes lost, wet, or dirty.
-Please submit a Patient Consent Form for COVID testing on Monday and Tuesday morning. Make sure they are turned in with a signature and that the email provided is legible. If a student is absent the day of COVID testing, they will not be able to return to campus until they are tested outside of school AND receive a “NEGATIVE” PCR result.
- Valentine’s Day celebration at the end of the day on February 14th.
- Teachers will supply students with Valentine’s day bags that they can collect any goodies that they would like from their classmates.
- Students are welcome to bring in any store-bought treats/cards/etc. that they would like (optional), but they must supply one for each classmate if they choose to do so (in their homeroom). They are also welcome to bring hand-made cards. Please make sure that it’s Covid-19 friendly.
- Do not put names on the items (to make it easier to handout).
- 5A – 30 Students
- 5B – 29 Students
IN-N-OUT BURGER DAY – TUESDAY, MARCH 1, 2022
PICK UP PROCEDURE DURING SCHOOL HOURS
If you are picking up your student during the school day for appointments or other reasons, please follow this procedure.
- Email your homeroom teacher and Nurse A ahead of time. For upper grades, you may also email your teacher for the class(es) your student is missing if you know the schedule.
- Remind your student to go to Nurse A’s office before the time of pickup.
- About 10 minutes before arriving, call Mitchell at the front office so he can inform Nurse A.
- When you arrive at school, please drive up to the playground gate.
- Let the guard know you are picking up your student from Nurse A and give your student’s name.
- Wait for your student near the playground gate.
REMINDER: NEW POLICY FOR DROPPING OFF LUNCHES
ORDER YOUR YEARBOOKS
It’s time to order your 2021-2022 St. Paul the Apostle School yearbook! Don’t miss out! It is a wonderful way to remember the school year! You can just click HERE to order.
- $55- if paid for in June during yearbook distribution, but there is no guarantee there will be any yearbooks left.
U.C.L.A.S.A.F.E. COLLECTION CENTER
As we begin to rearrange closets, cabinets and desk space to make room for our new Christmas gifts, please know that UCLA could possibly accept some of the items you may be wanting to discard. Please note the lists and information below:
THEY ACCEPT: paint and solvents; used motor oil and filters, anti-freeze, and other automotive fluids; cleaning products; pool and garden chemicals; aerosol cans; all medicine; auto batteries; household (alkaline) batteries; fluorescent tubes and bulbs, thermostats, and other mercury-containing lamps.
THEY ALSO ACCEPT: computers, monitors, printers, network equipment, cables, telephones, televisions, microwaves, video games, cell phones, radios, stereos, VCRs, and electronic toys. *Residents are limited to a total of six pieces of electronic waste per visit to a SAFE Center and items will be accepted on Saturdays only.
THEY DO NOT ACCEPT: business waste, ammunition, explosives, radioactive material, biological waste or tires. Bulky Items: furniture, refrigerators, washing machines/dryers, conventional ovens, paper, or computer software
The Center is located at 550 Charles E. Young Dr. West, Los Angeles, 90095. Their hours of operation are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday* from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Follow the drop-off signs. *** They will accept electronic waste on Saturdays only.
For more Information, please call 1-800-98-TOXIC (1-800-988-6942).
- Tuesday, February 8th, 7:45AM- SPA Business Breakfast at John O’Groats-Featuring Amber Mazzola
- Tuesday, February 8th, 9:30AM-2:30PM- Vaccination Clinic in Parish Center
- Wednesday, February 9th- Last Day to Pre-Order Yearbooks
- Saturday, February 12th- Sandwich Builders in Parish Center
- Wednesday, February 23rd @ 7:55AM- New Family Traffic Orientation
- Friday, February 25th- Ski Clothes and Uniform Exchange in MPR
- Tuesday, March 1st- In-N-Out Burger Day
- Friday, March 11th- NO SCHOOL
- Sunday, March 27th- PWC Presidents and Mother’s Celebration Lunch
- February 21 – President’s Day
- March 11 – Ski Weekend
- March 18 – Religious Education Congress
- April 15 to 22 Easter Vacation
- May 20 – Campout Weekend
- May 30 – Memorial Day
It should be noted that since “Ski Weekend” and “Campout Weekend” are not school-sponsored events, the administration has no control regarding the dates selected or anything that may occur resulting in a last-minute change of date. This has occurred in previous years, and we do apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause our SPA families.