WEEKLY REMINDERS FROM THE TEACHERS:
- 5th grade will be attending their field trip to the Museum of Tolerance this Friday, April 29th. Students should be in the correct SPA uniform (no festival gear, please) and arrive at school on time, so that we can depart for the Museum right at 8:30am. All items will be left in students’ cubbies while we are away, as the Museum does NOT allow any items to be brought in (including water bottles and snacks). If students would like to have a snack at school upon return at 12:00pm, they may leave that snack in their cubbies while we are at the museum. Otherwise, we will not be able to eat while we are on our field trip, so please make sure all students have had a full breakfast before arriving at school. Water fountains will be available at the museum for students’ usage instead of water bottles. Additionally, masks are recommended but not required at the Museum of Tolerance. Please keep in mind that Friday’s pick-up schedule is as usual. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Ms. Drake or Mr. Sánchez for more information.
- As an extra precaution after Spring Break, SPA will be doing our school-wide Covid testing on Monday, rather than Wednesday this week. Please make sure your child has their Patient Consent Form for COVID testing on Monday morning, with a signature and legible email provided. If a student is absent the day of COVID testing, they will not be able to return to campus until they are tested outside of school AND receive a “NEGATIVE” PCR result.
- Please check Schoology regularly for updates regarding specific classes.
5TH GRADE HOT LUNCH DUTY: APRIL & MAY
5th grade is responsible for hot lunch duty for both April and May. We still have some slots available. Please sign up for your spot!
- On pizza days, hot pizza is being boxed up for each student right before they arrive so a parent volunteer is absolutely necessary on these days. If you are signed up for a Tuesday time slot, please be ready to help serve the pizza.
- If there are any students who forgot to bring a lunch, please find out about the student’s allergies and help the student obtain one of the extra meals from the servers. Servers often bring extra meals (to be charged later) and many meals are left over from students who are absent. Meals of absent students are donated to the teachers and staff but they can also be given to students who don’t have lunch. For a younger student, please call his or her parent to find out about any allergies before giving a meal.
- If the server does not need help passing out meals, please monitor the lunch lines and tables for any disruptive behavior and encourage students to clean up after themselves and dispose trash correctly.
- If the lunch lines and tables seem well supervised, please help the playground volunteers monitor the playground. We can always use extra help on the playground!
- A reminder, please check in at the front office and report to the lunch service tables next to the gym.
- For 5th Grade – 8th Grade, arrive by 12:40 PM and stay until 1:30 PM.
PICK UP PROCEDURE DURING SCHOOL HOURS
If you are picking up your student during the school day for appointments or other reasons, please follow this procedure.
- Email your homeroom teacher and Nurse A ahead of time. For upper grades, you may also email your teacher for the class(es) your student is missing if you know the schedule.
- Remind your student to go to Nurse A’s office before the time of pickup.
- About 10 minutes before arriving, call Mitchell at the front office so he can inform Nurse A.
- When you arrive at school, please drive up to the playground gate.
- Let the guard know you are picking up your student from Nurse A and give your student’s name.
- Wait for your student near the playground gate.
REMINDER: NEW POLICY FOR DROPPING OFF LUNCHES
If you forgot to pack a lunch and would like to drop one off for your child during the school day, please review and become familiar with our policy.
Please drop off your forgotten snacks and lunches at a table next to the school front office before 10:00am. Please clearly label all snacks and lunches with your child’s name and homeroom. For grades DK and K, staff will continue to deliver snacks and lunches to the students. For grades 1st through 8th, students will be given the opportunity to look for their missing food at the table. Please tell your child to go look for his or her lunch at the table if it was forgotten that day.
ORDER YOUR YEARBOOKS
It’s time to order your 2021-2022 St. Paul the Apostle School yearbook! Don’t miss out! It is a wonderful way to remember the school year! You can just click HERE to order.
- $55- if paid for in June during yearbook distribution, but there is no guarantee there will be any yearbooks left.
U.C.L.A.S.A.F.E. COLLECTION CENTER
As we begin to rearrange closets, cabinets and desk space to make room for our new Christmas gifts, please know that UCLA could possibly accept some of the items you may be wanting to discard. Please note the lists and information below:
THEY ACCEPT: paint and solvents; used motor oil and filters, anti-freeze, and other automotive fluids; cleaning products; pool and garden chemicals; aerosol cans; all medicine; auto batteries; household (alkaline) batteries; fluorescent tubes and bulbs, thermostats, and other mercury-containing lamps.
THEY ALSO ACCEPT: computers, monitors, printers, network equipment, cables, telephones, televisions, microwaves, video games, cell phones, radios, stereos, VCRs, and electronic toys. *Residents are limited to a total of six pieces of electronic waste per visit to a SAFE Center and items will be accepted on Saturdays only.
THEY DO NOT ACCEPT: business waste, ammunition, explosives, radioactive material, biological waste or tires. Bulky Items: furniture, refrigerators, washing machines/dryers, conventional ovens, paper, or computer software
The Center is located at 550 Charles E. Young Dr. West, Los Angeles, 90095. Their hours of operation are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday* from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Follow the drop-off signs. *** They will accept electronic waste on Saturdays only.
For more Information, please call 1-800-98-TOXIC (1-800-988-6942).
- April 29 – Class Field Trip