School wide updates as of October 12, 2021
- Halloween: No Costumes, However students are allowed to wear free dress on Friday 10/29 as long as one article of clothing is black or orange.
- We will be having mass on All Saints Day November 1. 4th Grade & 5th grade will be in church for this mass. Father Gil is allowing students to dress up as a saint if they wish for this day.
We have reached the midpoint of our first trimester, and parents are strongly encouraged to login to Schoology to view your children’s academic, effort and behavior progress. The grades that are posted will give you a snapshot of how your children are progressing in each of the subject areas. At St. Paul the Apostle School, we also see the importance of student effort and positive behavior in the classroom, and how this affects their academic progress and social-emotional learning. Please note any information that has been posted regarding these components as well.To clarify, Schoology is our new Learning Management System where students and parents have access to courses, assignments, and grades. Gradelink and Powerschool Learning are no longer being used. A Parent Access sheet on how to create a parent account and link your child has already been distributed to each student. You must have a Schoology Parent account to access your student’s courses and grades. If you are not yet familiar with Schoology, an information document has been created for you to help you navigate through Schoology and generate a student grade report. Please click on the link below to access it. If you have not received the parent access sheet or have any questions, please contact Enrique Lopez, our Director of Educational Technology at email@example.com.
4th Grade Updates
- Teachers will be sending home the folders with completed work every couple weeks
- Schoology course pages will begin to have materials posted for easier accessibility to classwork & homework when students are ill or have to be out of the classroom.
Sara Pennypacker’s virtual author visit:MONDAY OCTOBER 18 at 10:30 – 11:10 AM PT (it could run a bit longer)
Here is the link for book orders:
Debate Program Beginning October 18
There will be two program options:
- a) An introductory program consisting of five 90 minute classes over five weeks on Monday afternoons via Zoom from 3:45-5:15pm covering the building blocks of debate ($75/student)
- b) A 10 week intermediate program (also 90 minute Zooms on Monday from 3:45-5:15pm) for students who completed the introductory course last Spring ($135/student)
Financial Aid is available from the Sister Stella Foundation. Please contact the school for financial aid requests.
If your child will be absent from school, please note the hot lunch policies for FreshLunches and Jersey Mike’s.
- For FreshLunches, please try to cancel your child’s meal as soon as possible. If you cancel by 10:00am two days prior to delivery, you will receive 100% credit for the meal in your FreshLunches account. If you cancel by 8:00am on the morning of delivery, you will receive 50% credit. After these deadlines, you will not receive any credit for your child’s meal.
- For Jersey Mike’s, there are no cancellations or refunds for any reason.
- For BOTH FreshLunches and Jersey Mike’s, if you cannot cancel your child’s meal and you would like to pick it up from school, please contact Mitchell Lord in the front office by 11:00am to ask for the meal to be set aside. Otherwise, all meals for absent students will be given to teachers, coaches and students who forgot to bring lunch that day.
If you have any questions, please contact Hot Lunch Chair Liz Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org